Address: Department of Bioengineering and Aerospace Engineering
Universidad Carlos III Madrid, Av. de la Universidad 30, 28911
Fax: +34 91624 8225
Managing and coordinating the aerostructures research group.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
PERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
Living and working with other people, in multicultural environments, in positions where communication is important and situations where teamwork is essential (for example culture and sports), etc.
Coordination and administration of people, projects and budgets; at work, in voluntary work (for example culture and sports) and at home, etc.
Project manager of ASTRAL Clean Sky 2 EU research project (5M €) at the University of Nottingham. Manager of the ASTRAL consortium where the University of Nottingham was core-partner with Airbus Helicopters and GE Aviation. Relation management within the consortium and between the consortium and Clean Sky 2 JU.
ASTRAL Stress and Design team leader at the University of Nottingham. Technical manager of a group of 4 researchers. Relation management with industrial partners.
Product Technical Manager at Asso Werke s.r.l. Leading and Management of a group of 5 engineers. Relation management with costumers (Audi, Ferrari, Ducati, BMW). Member of a steering committee for the improvement of company productivity.
Leader of a research project at Scuola Superiore di Studi Universitari e di Perfezionamento Sant'Anna. Supervisor of 3 MSc students.
PRINCE2 Practitioner Certificate in Project Management issued by PeopleCert
With computers, specific kinds of equipment, machinery, etc.
Competences not mentioned above.
AUTHORED OR CO-AUTHORED ARTICLES
|ARTICLES IN PEER REVIEWED JOURNALS||
1. M Bainbridge D, Bacharoudis K, Cini A, Turner A, Popov A, Ratchev S. Advanced Assembly Solutions for the Airbus RACER Joined-Wing Configuration. SAE Technical Papers 2019;2019-September (September)
2. Cini A, Irving PE. Development of fatigue cracks from mechanically machined scratches on 2024-T351 aluminium alloy-Part I: experimentation and fractographic analysis. Fatigue and Fracture of Engineering Materials and Structures 2017;40(5):776-789.
3. Cini A, Irving PE. Development of fatigue cracks from mechanically machined scratches on 2024-T351 aluminium alloy-Part II: finite element analysis and prediction method. Fatigue and Fracture of Engineering Materials and Structures 2017;40(6):853–868.
4. Dorman M, Toparli MB, Smyth N, Cini A, Fitzpatrick ME, Irving PE. Effect of laser shock peening on residual stress and fatigue life of clad 2024 aluminium sheet containing scribe defects. Material Science and Engineering A 2012;548:142-151.
5. Cini A, Irving PE. Transformation of defects into fatigue cracks; the role of Kt and defect scale on fatigue life of non-pristine components. Procedia Engineering 2010;2(1):667-677.
6. Zhao YX, Irving PE, Cini A. Hardness environments around fatigued scratches in clad and unclad 2024 T351 aluminium alloy. Material Science and Engineering A 2009;500(1-2):16-24.
|ARTICLES IN PEER REVIEWED CONFERENCES AND SYMPOSIUMS (INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCES ONLY)||
1. Ashraf F, Cini A, Castelluccio GM. Decoupling geometric and microstructural gradients in fatigue crack formation, Fatigue 2021, 2021, Online.
2. Cini A. Minimum weight structural optimisation procedure for the preliminary sizing of a composite wing of a compound helicopter. Clean Sky 2 technology progress conference, 2021, Madrid, Spain - Organiser.
3. Ashraf F, Cini A, Castelluccio GM. Coupling geometric and microstructure gradients in fatigue crack formation. TESConf 2020 - Through Life Engineering Services, 2020, Cranfield, UK
4. M Bainbridge D, Bacharoudis K, Cini A, Turner A, Popov A, Ratchev S. Assembly Solutions for the Airbus RACER Joined-Wing Configuration, SAE AEROTECH® Europe, 2019, Bordeaux, France
5. Cini A, Popov A, Ratchev S. Minimum weight structural optimisation procedure for the preliminary sizing of a composite wing of a compound helicopter. 6th Aircraft Structural Design Conference, 2018, Bristol, UK
6. Cini A, Irving PE. Transformation of defects into fatigue cracks; the role of Kt and defect scale on fatigue life of non-pristine components. 10th International Fatigue Congress, Fatigue 2010, Prague, Czech Republic.
7. Cini A. Transformation of mechanical defects into fatigue cracks - prediction of the effects of scratches on service life. International Conference on Fatigue Damage of Structural material VII, 2009, Hyannis, MA, USA.
Principal Investigator (national projects)
Principal Investigator (international projects)